5 Questions with Rich Florez
1. What’s your favorite moment as a teacher?
“I don’t know if I have a single favorite moment while teaching, but I love when students come back and share their success with me.”
2. What do you love about teaching?
“I love working with this specific age group. It reminds me of a great time in life and how much I loved being at that age.”
3. What made you want to teach math?
“I was always good at math and I knew I would be marketable in the subject. I also realized I could end up doing a lot of different jobs with this sort of degree.”
4. What’s something interesting about yourself that not many people know?
“I was walking through the Springfield mall one day and Brad Pitt was lucky enough to meet me!”
5. When did you know you wanted to become a teacher?
“I always thought it would be a good thing to get into in high school, but I knew for sure after two years of college that this is what I was meant to do.”