Thankful for Thanksgiving

Even though Christmas in my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving is a close second because of the fall weather and, of course, the food.

Julia Collins

Julia Collins

Natalie Wagner, Staff Writer

The majority of Lindbergh agrees with me, Christmas is better than Thanksgiving, no doubt about it. Though it’s not my favorite of the two holidays, being in fall makes Thanksgiving a celebration of not just thanks, but the cool outdoors, color changing leaves, and lots and lots of food.

“It’s like Christmas, without the stress,” Charlotte Fore (11) said.

People are able to show their emotions of thanks and love without the anxiety of purchasing the perfect gift for friends and family. Instead they can focus on filling their stomachs with turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and grandma’s pie for an entire night and not feel guilty about it.

November is also a time of beautiful fall leaves and cool breezes. Whether it is jumping in a pile of freshly raked leaves, or artsy pictures of colorful trees filling up your news feed, the dynamic color change brings smiles to people faces.

“The colors just make me feel happy,” Erin Hoyt (11) said.

The trees turn from deep shades of green to beautiful colors of brown, orange, yellow, and red. These colors are a guarantee to see on Thanksgiving morning, while a I can only hope for a white Christmas, and even then it is not for sure that the snow will even come Christmas day.

Another plus of the time of year is the weather. November winds creates a cool and crisp feeling which I think is a perfect balance of summer’s heat and winter’s cold temperatures. On the other hand, Christmas time is made up of freezing temperatures that tend to keep students (including me) inside as much as possible. Compared to Christmas, November’s temperature are much more preferable.

“The weather is perfect because it’s not too hot and it’s not too cold,” Hoyt said.

Staying warm is easy when it’s not super cold outside. Being with family also helps students forget about the chilling sensation they feel outside.

“My family gets together and we just talk and eat lots of good food. It’s always a good time,” Samira Nukic (11) said.

Spending quality time with your cousins during the holiday weekend lets a person focus on having fun rather than spending all of their time worrying about the homework they have to finish for school.

Thanksgiving is not just a time to be thankful, is a time to celebrate the wonderful aspects of fall. Even though Christmas is more popular at Lindbergh, do not forget to appreciate all of the wonderful things Thanksgiving has to offer.