Lindbergh Takes a Trip Down the Rabbit Hole

Students+dance+in+Gym+3+on+September+24.+They+have+been+waiting+for+this+day+since+school+started.+
Students dance in Gym 3 on September 24. They have been waiting for this day since school started.

Katie Hertel

Katie Hertel

Natalie Evans, Staff Writer

Last Saturday, Lindbergh students gathered in Gym 3 and danced the night away. The theme of the Lindbergh Homecoming was Alice and Wonderland and students were not left disappointed. Upon entering the gym, students were transported into a world of magic, imagination, and color.

This year, Lindbergh went out of the box with the fairy tale theme. Last year’s Arabian Nights theme was a big hit, with over 1,000 students coming to the dance. This year was no different. The cute theme is what attracted the majority of attendees, who were excited to enter into a mystical world for the evening.

With a long dining table covered with tea party accessories along with cakes and clocks lining the wall, the decorations were not to miss. The bright dresses and ties were another part of Lindbergh’s charismatic persona. Inside the gym, strings of lights hung above the floor where students rocked out to new pop jams, and some old classics. With all the homework and school stress, Lindbergh students were more than happy to take a night off to celebrate.

Many were expecting a historic homecoming, this one being the biggest Lindbergh has hosted. Students got to vote on couples from every grade, some of which will be crowned homecoming king, queen, prince, and princess. Jack Phillips (10) was nominated for sophomore prince and exceeded expectations while outvoting Ron Harris (10), and Amela Sejec (10).

“Honestly, I did not think I would win. Nobody was really publicly rooting for me, but it was still exciting for me. I was surprised to win, but happy to have Claire Worthen (10) by my side” Phillips said.

Lindbergh’s outstanding homecoming this year was one for the books. Down the Rabbit Hole was a dance where students promised not to be late. From the decadent decor to the jubilant mood radiated by students, this year’s homecoming was a spectacular night.