Proud to be a Flyer

Community dedication during Homecoming festivities

Green Machine goes all out in green and gold as they cheer on the Flyers. They were playing against Mehlville's football team. Photo credit: Alyssa Podgornik

Sarah Pickel, Staff Writer

The 2016 Homecoming week was one of the most exciting that Lindbergh has ever had. Starting with Flyer Friday on Sept 16 and through Spirit Tee Thursday on Sept 22, many Lindbergh students were dressed up to show off their school spirit.

Homecoming week was full of events to make it more fun for the students. On Monday night, a movie night was put together where Alice in Wonderland was shown. Thursday night was the very exciting Powderpuff football game. This year, the Junior class defeated the Seniors, breaking the Senior’s winning streak. Friday night was the big homecoming football game when the Flyers defeated the Mehlville Panthers. Finally, Saturday was the big dance. Many of the Lindbergh students went “Down the Rabbit Hole,” to make a number of unforgettable memories.

School spirit is something that in the past few years has become a big deal. The Green Machine is a club full of spirited students that go all out for LHS. They make an effort to come to as many games as they can and bring the student section to life. Student Council has come up with the Spirit Cup which encourages students to participate in the spirit events and in return they get points for their class to be added up at the end of the year and declare the most spirited class of the 2016-2017 school year.

“Showing your school spirit is really fun, and gets people hyped about school,” Claire Worthen (10) said.

LHS is a positive environment, known for academic excellence and being a school of  character. There are a lot of reasons to be proud to be a Flyer.

“Lindbergh is a great school, we are good at sports and academics. We have great spirit and it is important to show that off,” Worthen said.

LHS spirit is continuing to grow. Many clubs and sports require their members to participate in spirit events and many sports teams go to other games to cheer on the Flyers. All this spirit is encouraging for the future. As Lindbergh continues to grow, not only will we continue to be recognized for our great academics, but other schools will look to us as a spirited school.