Artwork Spreads Positivity

Travis Patton, Staff Writer

Every single day students walk through the halls making their way to their next class, but do they notice what is on the walls they constantly pass? Throughout the Lindbergh hallways are a few examples of positive art pieces. They speak words of encouragement, advice to live by, and ways to think self empowerment.

One display shows a squared mirror and the words “Can You See the Leader In You?” Just one simple question like this can spark the brain into deep thought. It can be a time of questioning who oneself is, and or who they want to be. Now is the time to set some goals for life that one day eventually can be achieved.

“Sometimes they can be kind of cheesy, but if I’m in a bad mood and I see them it cheers me up and I think it’s good to have them around so people can see them and it brightens their mood” Sydney Sweeney (11) said.

Another art piece shows the words “Be Strong When You Are Weak Brave When You Are Scared And Humble When You are Victorious.” Quotes like this can be applied to every person’s life no matter who they are and is place for all to see. This was a good way to grab a student’s attention with vibrant color change and surrounding art. It was also conveniently placed above the water fountain where it is destined to be in front of many students faces.

In the school environment where it can be stressful these quotes provide little pockets of joy during a day of constant learn and work.  They are also very appealing to look at with a blend of blue and purple shades.

“Love them! I think we need more” Erin McGrath (Facs Department) said.

Ideas like this will really brighten up our school, and It is way better than just staring at a plain wall.

1 Comment

One Response to “Artwork Spreads Positivity”

1. Carena Heilich-Henry on October 3rd, 2017 4:56 PM

Thank you for writing about this!!! STUCO started the quotes over the summer and we plan to do many more! Happy to hear that they do help build a positive environment in our school and brighten people’s day. 🙂

[Reply]

• Feature

Client Request Form

• Artwork Spreads Positivity

Family Connections

• Artwork Spreads Positivity

Taking Flight

Summer Scenes to Attend!

• Artwork Spreads Positivity

• Artwork Spreads Positivity

• Artwork Spreads Positivity

• Artwork Spreads Positivity

• Artwork Spreads Positivity

• Artwork Spreads Positivity

Artwork Spreads Positivity