2018 Fall Sports Recap

Students come together to support fellow student and soccer player Wil Ohler in his battle with Cancer before a soccer game. PC: Bea Kuhn

Tony Bodul, Staff Writer

The winter seasons are upon us, how did our Lindbergh Flyers sports team do? All these teams started their preparations for the season through rough preseason workouts and practices in the late summer days. So how did all of these teams end their respected seasons? Unfortunately the majority of the teams could not reach a district title. Our girls tennis team finished top 8 in the state along with a lot of individual winners. The boys soccer team went out in the first round of districts in a heartbreaking game vs Vianney after a magical season. Girls rugby finished top 10 in state after traveling to Jefferson City for 3 weekends in a row. A few of our guys and girls on Cross Country are headed to the state race this weekend. Girls field hockey fell in the first round of districts to Ursuline after a productive season compared to two seasons ago. Girls Softball fell in the district finals after an impressive season. Boys swimming continues to have swimmers breaking school and state records as individuals. Girls Volleyball lost in the first round of districts to Oakville.

“Watching all the sports this season was a blast. Seeing my teammates out there representing our school was great. Being in the student section and cheering on my school was a blast and I can not wait for winter and spring sports to do it over again. Pop out to Racquetball this year said Cate Kaiser (12).
  The fall season has come to a close and the campaigns for all the sports were memorable for everyone at Lindbergh High School. The winter sports following along will be just as good if not better. Make sure to tune in for updates and recaps of the other sports seasons.