2018 Movie Rundown

Lauren Houston, Writer

As the year has come to an end and a new one is staring we like to look back at what we did or watched in our previous year. For most students, time to chill and take a minute away from reality requires a bag of their favorite food and the hottest release on Netflix. If they don’t have Netflix, hitting the theater with their friends for the new releases is the best choice.

Now what to watch isn’t so hard, sometimes it’s just as simple as asking a friend what their favorite new movie is. Or frankly looking at the new releases section on Netflix. The Most viewed Netflix movies of 2018 were To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before was the ultimate chick flick of the year. Not to mention just about every teenage girl sat down to watch The Kissing Booth. “ The kissing booth was amazing, I watched it so many times!” Olivia Bennett (10) said. But what made these movies top two? The boys. Filmmakers use the ultimate key to draw in teenage girls, a cute boy with a flaming six pack.

Except where the best-rated movies in theatres? Oh, yea, Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, and the scariest of them all, The Quiet Place. The Quiet place broke records for the horror film industry selling more than ever in 2018. Spectators rushed to the closest theaters to see these movies. With tickets selling out faster than they could sell. Even if one didn’t like horror films or sci-fi movies they still were interested in these films. But these movies didn’t just have cute boys in them, they had jaw-dropping plots that drew you in every second. But it’s ok don’t worry if someone didn’t get the chance to see these wonderful jaw-dropping, phenomenal films they’ll still be on Netflix or in stores.