Healthy Habits

Back to Article
Back to Article

Healthy Habits

Many people have the resolution of staying healthy for the upcoming year. There are many ways to stay healthy, like keeping a balanced diet, working out (occasionally) and staying out of the germs. Some people have their own techniques for staying on top of the game,
	“I swim and eat lots of fruits and vegetables. I also snack throughout the day, because it’s better for you, so you are never constantly hungry,” Kaitlyn Crancer (11) said. 
	Eating fresh helps someone a lot when trying to stay healthy. Drinking protein shakes and smoothies also keep people going. Smoothies have many fruits in them, which some add vegetables, like spinach, carrots and kale in their smoothies as well which are all a good source of protein. Speaking of protein, protein is best eaten post-workout. Working out or even getting out the house, helps your body stay active and alert.
	Also, for the school aspect, germs are flying. All around work and school, there are little bugs going around constantly. So, to stay out of being sick, remember to keep the hands clean and to not share things constantly with others, things will be better off that way. 
	Since St. Louis is in its “wintery days” at the moment, most people do not go outside a lot, because of the cold. But, even going out to shovel some snow or catch a bite to eat with an old friend, can make a difference. Winter tends to make people forget to stay on top of things, but since this is a new year, most like to start a clean slate. Being active and eating fairly good are all good things to keep in mind to start the new year off strong. As there were just a few ideas of healthy habits for the upcoming year, there are many more.

Many people have the resolution of staying healthy for the upcoming year. There are many ways to stay healthy, like keeping a balanced diet, working out (occasionally) and staying out of the germs. Some people have their own techniques for staying on top of the game, “I swim and eat lots of fruits and vegetables. I also snack throughout the day, because it’s better for you, so you are never constantly hungry,” Kaitlyn Crancer (11) said. Eating fresh helps someone a lot when trying to stay healthy. Drinking protein shakes and smoothies also keep people going. Smoothies have many fruits in them, which some add vegetables, like spinach, carrots and kale in their smoothies as well which are all a good source of protein. Speaking of protein, protein is best eaten post-workout. Working out or even getting out the house, helps your body stay active and alert. Also, for the school aspect, germs are flying. All around work and school, there are little bugs going around constantly. So, to stay out of being sick, remember to keep the hands clean and to not share things constantly with others, things will be better off that way. Since St. Louis is in its “wintery days” at the moment, most people do not go outside a lot, because of the cold. But, even going out to shovel some snow or catch a bite to eat with an old friend, can make a difference. Winter tends to make people forget to stay on top of things, but since this is a new year, most like to start a clean slate. Being active and eating fairly good are all good things to keep in mind to start the new year off strong. As there were just a few ideas of healthy habits for the upcoming year, there are many more.

Quinn Frye, Writer