NBA Recap

Back to Article
Back to Article

NBA Recap

Lebron James a fan favorite of the NBA dribbling the ball against conference rivals Portland Trail Blazers.

Tony Bodul, Writer

As the NBA is in full swing, it’s probably time to get an update on the season and look into our favorite players and teams. A veteran of the game Carmelo Anthony was recently traded to the Chicago Bulls from the Houston Rockets. The Milwaukee Bucks are currently on top of the Eastern Conference while the heavily hated Warriors lead by Kevin Durant and the Splash Brothers sit atop of the Western Conference. Fan favorite Kristaps Porzingis is still recovering from a horrifying  ACL injury he picked up in 2018.

Mo Bamba, of the Orlando Magic, is becoming a fan favorite after the nationally acclaimed song “Mo Bamba” by Rapper Sheck Wes was recently treading at the top of the music charts. What are some students favorite players and teams in the league?

“My favorite player in the league is definitely Steph Curry, I love his ability to shoot while being so small,”  Mitchell Patton (11) said.

Another popular star has a completely different game but still enjoys a huge following despite playing on a new team.

Kawhi Leonard is my favorite player because of his work ethic and ability to change a game in a second,” Cameron Clifton (12) said.

“My favorite team in the NBA is the Houston Rockets, I love the duo of James Harden and Chris Paul, I think they are a better duo than the Splash Brothers,” Tyler Bock (12) said.

The NBA is now approaching the final stretch before the playoffs start. The Los Angeles Lakers led by a struggling Lebron James are looking to move into a playoff spot after being in 8th place is the Western Conference. Saint Louis and Chaminade native Jayson Tatum is currently thriving with the Boston Celtics in the 4th spot in the Eastern Conference. That is the current wrap from the fan and St. Louis NBA fans.

As the playoffs approach, the Warriors are looking the most likely to win another championship after getting back Demarcus Cousins from an injury.