Preparation for the Holidays

++Students+look+forward+to+the+beautiful+weather.+Last+year+around+this+time+of+year%2C+the+leaves+really+started+to+turn.+
  Students look forward to the beautiful weather. Last year around this time of year, the leaves really started to turn.

Natalie Evans, Writer

Signs to Tell if Fall has Arrived

With Halloween growing closer and closer, that can only mean one thing: the start of the holiday season. With the cool air making its appearance after a long, hot summer, the excitement for fall can only be amplified.  

The one way to tell if fall has come is if the pumpkin spice latte has made its appearance. The latte has created a lot of buzz in the coffee fanatic community. With its rich, pumpkin taste, the drink can only be described as scrumptious. Lindbergh student Sophia Heamann (10) thinks the drink is nothing short of fantastic.

“I absolutely love the pumpkin spice latte. I look forward to it every year because of how delicious the drink is. I have managed to get all my friends hooked” Heamann said.

This latte is the introduction to an array of Starbucks holiday drinks, presented only in the  famous red cup. The holidays are definitely approaching fast if the latte is back in action.

Nothing says fall like a big, cozy sweater. October rolls around and stores everywhere carry variations of the snuggly clothing. The weather in St. Louis during the holiday season can only be described as “sweater weather.” With the chilly temperatures not far away, students have been showing off all different types of sweaters.

Halloween candy has made its appearance out on shelves not much long after the beginning of August. The enormous bags filled with hundreds of candies, gives a feeling of cooler times. With Halloween not far away, it makes the candy a delectable and irresistible treat.  

Just like Halloween candy, the costume stores have begun popping up months before October. The stores sell anything from the most horrific mask to the cutest kitten. The moments these stores start opening, that is a true sign that the wait until fall is almost over.

Fortunately, all of these wonderful fall traditions have crept into the LHS community, giving the impression that fall has officially arrived. With Halloween right around the corner, say goodbye to summer and welcome the cool air.