#TGIDFW Recap: Publications returns from NSPA/JEA conference

Back to Article
Back to Article

Publications visits Magnolia Silos on their way to Baylor University in Waco, Texas.

Jessica Belle Kramer, Editor-in-Chief

Today, the Publications family returned from their annual voyage to the NSPA/JEA’s national convention; this year the convention was hosted in Dallas, Texas. They arrived at the airport in Lovefield on November 16. On Friday, they attended educational sessions on topics ranging from photography to editorial writing, then on Saturday (Nov 17th), they headed to Justin Cange‘s (English Department) Alma-mater, Baylor University.

The students brought home some hardware: Heidi Budd (12, Pilot Editor-in-Chief) was awarded an ‘Excellent’ in Editorial Writing, Camryn Kopp (12, Pilot’s Senior Writer) was given an ‘Honorable Mention’ in News Writing, Sophia Graak (11, Yearbook Copy-Editor) was given an ‘Excellent’ in Yearbook Copy & Captions and Elaine Badr (12, Yearbook Staffer) received an ‘Honorable Mention’ for her themed photo (shown below):

Elaine Badr
Photo by Elaine Badr that won an ‘Honorable Mention’ at the 2017 NSPA/JEA convention in Dallas, Texas.

Here are some photos from our trip: