Flype Squad

Flype squad is Lindbergh's newest spirit group.

Ava Raymond, Staff Writer

Students at LHS are revamping school spirit with a new group called The Flyer Hype Squad. While in the stands at various school events throughout the beginning of the year, a group of students noticed a lull in school spirit. Erik Kalfus (11) organized a meeting at Chick-Fil-A for any students wanting to help boost Lindbergh spirit.

“We all met at Chick-Fil-A and discussed what our name would be. We also made a group text, a Twitter account, and an Instagram account,” Kalfus said.

By creating a Twitter and Instagram account, Flype is able to inform the students when there are any school events, with hopes that there will be a crowd at every game. The students in Flype Squad created a plan so that every sport would have a chance to be cheered on.

“At least half of Flype, about 8 students, will be at every sporting event to help the crowd cheer on the team,” Elise Krueger (12) said.

New chants, themed games, and building tension with rival teams are some of the new ways Flype is bringing spirit to Lindbergh’s stands in upcoming games and even years to come. By incorporating seniors, juniors, and a few sophomores, this group is hoping to continue their mission at LHS for many years to come.

“We are hoping this trend of school spirit continues for many years to come,” Jake Harrell (12) said.

The seniors are hopeful that the younger grades will get on board with the school spirit and continue to be involved with Flype. A few underclassmen are already showing interest in leading the group as other members begin the graduate.

“As I become an upperclassman, I will try to get as many new members as I can and try to get people excited for every sport and every event at Lindbergh,” Annie Simpson (10) said.

Flype’s next endeavor is a caravan from Lindbergh High School to Eureka High School for the Varsity football game on October 10th. Come join the Flype squad and cheer on LHS to lead them to a victory!