Freshman Football Update

9th Grade Flyers Enjoy a Successful Kick-Off

Back to Article
Back to Article

Freshman Football Update

Jessica Belle Kramer

Jessica Belle Kramer

Jessica Belle Kramer

Thomas Floyd, Staff Writer

The freshman football team is off to a good start. After a long summer of lifting and practicing the newbies on the field have a 1-1 record. Their first game against the Oakville Tigers was a great beginning to the new Lindbergh football dynasty. They won their first ever high school football game 28-13 completing the sweep against the Tigers. Center of the freshmen team, Logan Miller (9), commented on how he thought the team was doing.

“It’s going pretty good. We lost won and we won one. We had a good win, but a hard loss against Jackson. It’s been alright, but it hasn’t been great,” Miller said.

After winning their first game, the Flyers then lost to the Jackson Indians 52-13. After coming back home from Jackson, Tobias Price (9) commented on the change that needs to happen to get back on the right track for this season.

I felt like we were better than them. Just looking at our team we had the right amount of people to be good, we had the right amount of hard work and effort. I feel like that game was just a minor setback for us. We could have played harder than we played,” Price said.

What seems like to be a decent start to a new generation of football for Lindbergh High School is starting to get back on track. The new team at Lindbergh is working hard, learning from their mistakes, and getting back organized as they face their next opponent, the Lafayette Lancers on September 11 2017. Keep on the lookout out as your freshman football team at Lindbergh High School looks to make some more noise on the field.