Blues Return to Ice

'The Note' Hopes for Improvement

Post Dispatch

Post Dispatch

Jack Williams, Staff Writer

Everyone’s favorite hockey team, the Saint Louis Blues, have already started their preseason and soon will be under way in their first game on October 4. When they visit the defending Stanley Cup Champion of 2017, the Pittsburgh Penguins. During mid-season of last year the team got a new coach, Mike Yeo. Coach Yeo was head coach of hockey team, Minnesota Wild for six years (2011-2016).

With Yeo moving it brings uneasiness to the team, but Yeo believes in a strong support system within the team.

“The biggest job in our business I really believe, is the relationships and getting the most out of our players, ” Yeo said.

Some students agree Coach Yeo on how the year will go,

“I think they will go to the playoffs, but if we have any injuries prior to the playoffs, I don’t think we’ll go very far,” Blase Daugherty (11) said.

Yeo says that he is much more confident with the Blues going into the new season. With the preseason coming to an end, nerves start rising within the team and it’s fans. Everyone’s favorite Robert Fabbri (#15), will miss the entire season of 2017-2018 after re-injuring his knee. Another favorite, Alexander Steen (#20), will miss the rest of the preseason and training camp due to injuring his left hand during a preseason game. Also with Patrik Berglund (#21), went under surgery back in June of this year, will be most likely out until mid-late December.

Although the Blues have some quality members down for a while, they have the new team members. Yeo stated in a previous article that he has high hopes for the team this year, as he does think they’ve made a lot of progress this summer in training.