Live on the Court

Lindbergh Basketball Season Begins

Erik Lahm (11) blocks the net during the 2017 Green and Gold Winter Sports Preview.

Jessica Belle Kramer

Jessica Belle Kramer

Thomas Flyod, Staff Writer

That’s right, Lindbergh, the Lindbergh boys’ basketball team is back and in action, ready to show what they’ve got. After a 19-7 season the team is ready for the competition this year. Last season, a strong senior class including Spencer Levi, Ryan Lacefield, Dominic Davis, and Kyle Stevison helped achieve this record. I asked Jason Wolfard (Head Coach) how he was ready to start the new era without last years senior class.

“That seems to be a very popular question these days. It’s kinda the same thing in a sport where if someone gets injured it’s a next man philosophy and that’s kinda what it is this year. It’s a new opportunity for someone new to step in, move forward, and take more responsibility this year,” Wolfram said.

When talking to senior returner, Daniel Killian, he was very excited about the season, but their was one game in particular that he has had his eyes on since the beginning of the season.

“I am most excited for the senior night and all of the energy that surrounds that game especially for me being a senior,” Killian said.

Another senior returner, Omar Harris, was most excited to have another rematch with Lutheran South at home on January 30th, 2018.

“Last year we played them and it was an exciting game. It could have gone either way, but we were able to pull away and beat Lutheran South 68-57 at their court last year. This year they’re coming to our school and I know it will be another exciting game for both teams and all the fans,” Harris said.

This year might be considered a rebuilding year with Lindbergh only having two seniors on the team, but in their minds they all have the same goal. A State Championship. Their first game is on December 12th, 2017 at Vianney where they look to start their journey.